Payment Strategies that Work*
Our goal is to offer workshops that you want. Rather creating a workshop and then doing a hard sell to convince you to come, we are going to let you decide. We trust that if we've created something that calls you, then you'll register. None of us--not you nor us--enjoy the 'go/no-go' dance that often happens while wondering if a workshop will take place. So we are doing something different this time: setting a clear goal and a deadline.
Goal: 10 participants in Seattle, 24 virtual.
Deadline: December 15, 2014.
- To know that you want this workshop, we must have 4-10 in person/2-24 virtual commitments by December 15th. Since this is a bit of an experiment in dual formats, we're willing to go ahead with unusually small numbers.
- The doors to registration close December 15th. If you want in, you must register by then--no waiting to see, hedging your bets, and then deciding. December 15th is the last day to register. No registrations will be accepted after that date.
- Commit by a fully-refundable payment below.
- Once the goal has been reached (either number of participants or December 15th date, whichever comes sooner) we will close registration.
So if you want this to happen, step up now and don't dawdle.
*Thank you to the fine folks at Gustin Jeans for this brilliant idea.
What your payment includes:
Attendance (either in person or online) at Year Wheel temple, two facilitators to guide your experience.
Year Wheel #1 registration opened December 1st and closes on December 15th. That means if you are interested in attending, you must register by December 15th. No more registrations will be accepted after that date. If you register and pay but need to cancel for any reason before December 15th, we will refund your money in full. On December 15th, if we have not hit our minimum number of paid registrants (4) then the workshop will be cancelled and we will refund your money in full. After December 15th, if you need to cancel because of health or unpredictable crisis, we will refund your money in full; however, if you have to cancel just because you changed your mind or something more interesting came up, we will refund your money minus a $10 ‘wow, that’s tough but we’ve already put our money on the line’ fee. Body Trust will have the final say on which situation applies. Refunds will be made within 30 days of the request.
Our financial transparency statement:
Body Trust believes in financial transparency and radical inclusivity. Our workshops are priced to be as affordable as possible for what they are (i.e., for the choices we’ve made on location, duration, resources, etc.). We will do our best to ensure access for those with fewer financial resources through a combination of scholarships and the generosity from other participants. We also believe that this work cannot be sustained on good intention alone. Therefore, we pay our providers (space rental, etc.) and we pay ourselves—not much but enough to ensure we don’t burn out. If you’d like to know more about our approach to financial issues, please talk with us. We’re always happy to be challenged on and deconstruct assumptions about money.
To Register for Year Wheel #1
1) Select your temple type from the pulldown list
2) Click on the "Buy Now" button to make your payment.
$45 for in person temple in Seattle, $10 for virtual temple. (NOTAFLOF).
If you have any problems or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.