Portals of Pleasure Follow-up Virtual Temple
Touch in again with the folks from Portals of Pleasure. We'll lead a brief meditation and check-ins, share some of our experiences from the retreat, and have time to connect with each other again.
Even if video calls aren't your thing, give it a try—if it doesn't work for you, you can always go. We at Body Trust have found it very connective and surprisingly lovely.
To prepare (technically) in advance:
- All you need is an internet connection, a web browser, and Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or higher. We'll be using Adobe Connect as the space for our virtual temple.
- We recommend that you check your system before the meeting by doing to this Connection Test. If you pass the first three steps, you are good to go (the fourth step is only for meeting hosts).
- Most of you will already have Flash Player but, if not, you can download the latest Adobe Flash Player it for free.
- Finally, it's always great to listen through headphones with a microphone (iPhone type ones will do). We may break out into small groups where you'll be able to talk with others and the acoustics are better for everyone when everyone is on headphones so there is no echo. Note that Adobe Connect is happiest when you plug these in before you launch the meeting.
On August 14th:
- A few minutes before the appointed time (August 14th @ 10:00 am PST), click on this URL to attend the meeting:
- If you do not have a username or password for the Adobe Connect account (you probably don't) then choose Enter as a Guest, type in your name, and click 'Enter Room'.
- The meeting launches in your browser. You will be placed in a waiting room briefly until we open the virtual door and welcome you into the room.
- If you are having trouble joining a meeting then try the following:
1. Click the Help link on the Meeting Login page. This takes you to the Test Meeting Connection page where you can verify that your computer meets all necessary requirements. If you do not pass the test you will be given instructions for what you need to do.
2. Make sure popup blocking software is not blocking your meeting window.
3. You may be using a proxy server. To resolve this in Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab. Then enable the setting Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections. After doing this, clear your cookies, close all browser windows and attempt to re-enter the meeting.
- If that still doesn't work, take a deep breath and then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or text message to Zed at (917) 658-0255 and they will get you on!