We're so glad you'll be joining us for this virtual experiment in embodiment. In order to get the most of your experience, please read below for how to prepare both energetically and technologically. Getting ready in both realms will enhance your experience.This Seattle temple will be facilitated by Alex Jade with technical hosting by Zed Sinclair.
Please bookmark this page for future reference.
Make sure you are ready
- To the extent it is possible, find yourself a quiet space free of distractions. Get yourself a glass of water. Light a candle.
- We realize some of you may be attending while at work or elsewhere, so just do the best you can to support dropping into this non-ordinary space.
- We will be doing meditation, so gather whatever you will need to be comfortable for that.
Make sure your technology is ready
- All you need is an internet connection, a web browser, and Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or higher. We'll be using Adobe Connect as the space for our virtual temple.
- We recommend that you check your system before the meeting by doing to this Connection Test. If you pass the first three steps, you are good to go (skip the fourth step as it is only for meeting hosts).
- Most of you will already have Flash Player but, if not, you can download the latest Adobe Flash Player it for free.
- If you would like a quick overview of Adobe Connect, check out this geeky checklist PDF.
- Finally, it's always great to use headphones with a microphone (iPhone type ones will do). We may break out into small groups where you'll be able to talk with others and the acoustics are better for everyone when we all use headphones (no echo).
How to enter the virtual temple space
- A few minutes before the appointed time (Tuesday, December 22 @ 7:00 pm PST), click on this URL to attend the meeting:
1. Choose Enter as a Guest, type in your first and last name, and click Enter Room.
2. The meeting will launch in your browser. There may be a slight delay until the meeting host lets you in.
3. Then you will be placed in a lovely "waiting room" until the meeting begins.
- If you are having trouble joining a meeting then try the following:
1. Click the Help link on the Meeting Login page. This takes you to the Test Meeting Connection page where you can verify that your computer meets all necessary requirements. If you do not pass the test you will be given instructions for what you need to do.
2. Make sure popup blocking software is not blocking your meeting window.
3. You may be using a proxy server. To resolve this in Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab. Then enable the setting Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections. After doing this, clear your cookies, close all browser windows and attempt to re-enter the meeting.
- If that still doesn't work, take a deep breath and then send an email to email@example.com or text message to 917-658-0255. We'll figure out how to get you on!
Year Wheel registration will be open until right before the start of the event. We have a 24 hour cancellation policy for this event. If you have paid but need to cancel up until 24 hours before the event, we will refund your contribution in full. Within 24 hours of the start of the event, no refund will be available. All refunds will be made within 30 days of the request.
Our financial transparency statement:
Body Trust believes in financial transparency and radical inclusivity. Our workshops are priced to be as affordable as possible for what they are (i.e., for the choices we’ve made on location, duration, resources, etc.). We will do our best to ensure access for those with fewer financial resources through a combination of scholarships and the generosity from other participants. We also believe that this work cannot be sustained on good intention alone. Therefore, we pay our providers (space rental, etc.) and we pay ourselves—not much but enough to ensure we don’t burn out. If you’d like to know more about our approach to financial issues, please talk with us. We’re always happy to be challenged on and deconstruct assumptions about money.